Saturday, July 12, 2008

God needs a megaphone

Do you ever feel like God needs a megaphone? Instead of sending you reminders through people he could just yell down the message that He is trying to give you. Not that I don't appreciate the way He uses random strangers in my life, I'm just dense a lot of the time. I can imagine Him sitting up there as He tries for the third time to show me something (that I inevitably miss) saying, "Seriously??? How many times do I have to tell you this before you get it?" Enter the megaphone.

The theme of my devotional yesterday was that God has a purpose for you exactly where you are. You may not always understand them, but God's choices for your life are never haphazard or random. A couple hours later I was driving to work listening to Christian Working Woman. Mary Welchel was talking about feeling content with God's purpose for your life. Are you noticing a theme? I wasn't. Yet.

In the afternoon a lady walked into my office and we started chatting (I really will talk to anyone if you stand still long enough!). We got on the subject of churches and I told her that I think I'm not satisfied with any of the churches I've visited because I really want to be in my Father-in-law's church. And then she said to me, "I can so understand that but you have to remember that where you are isn't a random. God has a very specific plan for each season of your life."

My jaw hit the floor.

I must have been staring funny because she asked if I was okay. I told her about my morning, and that she was the third "messenger" to deliver that information to me. She laughed and asked if I got the message yet. I said yes and we both went on about our days.

So, if like me, you have been feeling like you're not sure what God is doing with your life right now, it's okay because He has you exactly where He wants you to be. And for today that is going to be enough for me. I thank you for sticking with me and I will leave you with my favorite verse for this seaon,

Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Love you all,

Stephanie

No comments: