Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Cast is Off!

I am happy to announce that yesterday, I ditched my cast! I went to the orthopedist and he removed the cast and said that everything is healing well. I swear that I heard Angels sing when he said that. Not only because I got to have my cast taken off, but because I'm on the downhill side of this whole ordeal. I have a walking boot for the next 4 weeks, then back to the doctor to schedule physical therapy and then I'm done.

The best part about yesterday though, was after I got home. I got to take a shower without a trash bag taped to my leg. This may not seem like something to get excited about but I assure you, I could not have been a happier girl!

I want to thank you so much for you prayers and encouragement throughout all of this. I know that I have not always been the best at hiding my true cast-feelings and I appreciate you letting me vent when need be. I promise that if you ever need to whine about something I will listen whole heartedly. Furthermore, if you ever have to have a cast in July, I will pray profusely that it's the coldest, driest July Georgia has ever seen:)

Love to all,

Stephanie

No comments: