Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Surgery Information

Today was a long and draining day but it was also a good day. I had pre-op for my surgery this afternoon and it is a lot of information to get all at once. Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 1:00 and my surgery is scheduled for 3:00. This does not excite me since I cant eat or drink after midnight and that means no coffee! If you read my earlier posts you already know that this could be the most terrible part of the whole surgery process:) However, the surgeon said that he often times moves along more quickly than the hospital expects and he has hopes that it will be earlier. I'm praying that this is the case.

Tomorrow morning one of my good friends is having a lump removed from her breast. She has been told that it is benign and that there is no need for worry. The stigma that surrounds the surgery remains, however, and it is hard to ignore all the things that we've heard over the years. I would love it if you would offer up a prayer that her surgery goes well and that she will be filled with peace. I know that she would appreciate it and so do I!

There are so many great passages in the Bible about God's peace but this was the one that spoke to me as I was searching for verses this morning. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." The worry keeps trying to creep in but I refuse to let it. Jesus is giving out His peace freely and I know that He is in control. I put a sticky note with this verse in my car so that I will continue to see it even after my surgery. They're good words to remember in any situation!

My best friend Hailey will post an update when I'm out of surgery since I'll be heavily medicated. While I know that it might be more entertaining for you if I were to post in that condition, I think I'll stick with my guest author:) Thank you for all of your prayers tomorrow. It means more to me than you can possibly imagine and I am so blessed by each of you.

~Stephanie

No comments: