Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Safety in the Storm

Please pray for my husband this morning. He has been miserably sick the last few days and he has a job interview this morning. I know that if it is where God wants him to be He will open the door regardless of the situation. I just know how nervous he must be because he wants it to go well so badly and he's struggling just to make it through the day right now. Thank you all for being wonderful friends and prayer warriors. I will keep you posted as soon as we hear anything!

On a completely separate note, the scripture for my devotion this morning was Psalm 57:1-11. The first verse immediately jumped out at me: "My soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by." An immediate sense of peace washed over me as I had a mental picture of God standing next to me and protecting me.
As a kid, I felt the safest when my dad was there next to me. It didn't matter if we were riding a roller coaster, waiting out a storm, going to the doctor or simply crossing the street, if he was next to me I felt safe. That same feeling of safety should follow me everywhere because I know that my God walks next to me and is with me always. Does it? No. It doesn't mean that He's not with me, just that I'm being stubborn and trying to brave the storm instead of seeking the protection that is being offered. I encourage you today to seek that protection and take solace in the fact that God will always be there to comfort you, whatever storm you may be facing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Stephanie,
In this aspect I am still old school. I have never participated in a blog before. I would like to let you know that your message could not have been timelier. I truly appreciate it. I thought about you again this morning. I would like to talk with you regarding a personal matter. I just get in the car and am on autopilot heading home after work. I am in my own little world. You know? I would like to be apart of the blog so we will need to discuss so I don’t make a goof of myself. Can everyone see my response? I guess I wil find out soon. :-)
Anyway, I will be praying for Scotlin that he has strength to make it through the interview.
Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Love your girl!

Heather said...

Sister Cat!

Thanks so much for that much needed reminder. With so much going on in life right now, it is easy to lose sight of the ONE who is always there, offering support, protection, grace, mercy, and love. May HE bless you, and wrap you in His capable arms. Love ya, and I'm praying for you!

Mother Mary