Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I had the pleasure of spending Father's Day weekend in Centerville with my in-laws. The only down side, of course, being that my super powers are broken. Since I can't be in two-places at once without them, I wasn't able to spend the day with my own father too. I got a chance to talk with him a little though and will hopefully see him soon!

The weekend overall was wonderful. I spent time with a friend that I don't see often and thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. Her infectious personality makes it impossible to not laugh when you're in her presence. My husband had to work but we were able to spend the evenings together and we cherished the time we had.

One of my favorite things about going to Centerville is getting to worship in the church where my Father-in-law is. He has an amazing gift for words and I love hearing his sermons. Yesterday morning was no exception. He spoke on John 14:1 and it was AWESOME. If you get a chance, I encourage you to check out the church's website. His sermons are podcast so you can hear it in it's entirety. Let me know if you go listen to it; I would love to hear your thoughts!

This has been a longer post than I meant it to be...though they usually are. I have the gift of gab and I thank you for sticking with me while I ramble:) I hope all of you had a wonderful Fathers Day weekend with your families!

No comments: