Friday, December 11, 2009

Inviting the Crazies

Do I have some sort of beacon that calls out to crazy people? Something that says I am just waiting to hear what they have to say? It happens every where I go! Understand me please, I am not talking about generally chatty people, as I am one. I will make friends anywhere, anytime. Seriously. I met my friend Maria because I was lusting after her silver purse and just had to know where she got it.

But I think you have to draw the line somewhere. Tonight I was at the gas station, minding my own business, and the woman at the pump next to me starts talking. I am being friendly and listening, but then she starts telling me about how she is banned from the front office at work for being unprofessional. As I'm nodding along, wishing the pump would move a little faster, she continues on, telling me how she got passed up for a promotion because she's a woman and her boss said she just has penis envy but it's not true because, "hers is bigger".

What???

I just stared at her dumbfounded for a minute. The shock wore off and I quickly finished at the pump and drove away, laughing out loud at the absurdity of it all.

So, if you are embracing the crazy tonight, bring it on! My ears are open and ready to listen...

No comments: