Monday, September 29, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

For our anniversary back in May, my wonderful husband got me a pair of silver heels that I had been lusting after for months. Along with my new shoes he got tickets to go see Les Miserables at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. I love gifts that you get to redeem later because it just draws out the excitement! Since the doctor cleared me last week, I was even able to wear my new heels to the show.
As always, the show was incredible. Les Mis is one of my favorite stories and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

After the show, we drove over to Lenox and had a wonderful dinner at Prime. It was, by far, the best steak that I've ever had in my life. Just for kicks, I thought I would see if I could cut it with my fork...and it cut just fine. It was that tender. To top it off, right now all of their steaks are ½ price between 5:00-6:15p.m. If you live in the Atlanta area and get the opportunity, go eat there. You won't be sorry!

Full, fat, & happy we wandered around Lenox, lusting a lot, buying a little. The highlight for me, was the trip into Lush. I've been buying online for years but this was my first trip into an actual store and it was heavenly. They have the best bath/shower/skin care/etc. products I've ever used. They are a little pricey but totally worth it. They have bath bombs with rose petals in them so you're floating in petals when the salts disintegrate...what girl wouldn't love that?

We ended the night snuggled up on the coach with a good movie, tired but incredibly happy. The perfect way to end the perfect day.

No comments: