Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

I had plans for a great New Years post about fireworks and laughter but it all seems very frivolous right now. A friend of mine spent her New Years burying her brand new nephew. Please say a prayer now and in the coming days for this sweet family. She posted this on her page a few days ago:

"Britton Beck Pilgrim was born yesterday. He was a beautiful chubby perfect blonde haired baby boy. Another child his Daddy can't deny. He was 8 lbs 11oz and 21 inches long. He is in Heaven now and though we don't understand, we know God's will is perfect and planned and I know one day I will know the answers to my dreaded questions.



Tiffany and Drew are doing okay. I know we have a long road to travel the next coming days but as a good friend reminds me, there is only one sets of footprints in the sand right now...they are certainly not mine, not Drew's and not my sweet sister's...they are His and we will trust that He will continue to carry us all through this. Please continue to pray for Drew, Tiffany and Claxton. Please also remember both sets of families. We are all struggling to find sense of this and the right words for them."

Lord, I don't understand it and I don't like it, but I know You are in control. Please hold us while we rage, comfort us as we weep, and walk with us as we search desperately for the answers.

1 comment:

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

So heartbreaking. My prayers are with this family. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to lose a child.

Many blessings honey.
Allison